Work with FCMB members and gain experience in the historic preservation field.
- Learn about our mission, collections, and organizational systems
- Gain practical and theoretical training in historic preservation work
- Contemplate the role of historic sites in contemporary society
- Work closely with a member of the FCMB staff
- Attend meetings and other functions
Message from Internships Director
Each year the Battlefield offers many individuals of varied background and ages the opportunity to learn from and contribute to the work of the site through its intern program.
- Length12 Months
- 2015 TermJune 1–August 7
- Apply tillMay 13, 2015
Summer 2015 Internships
Summer internships are full-time. The schedule is Monday–Friday, 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. These internships are offered during the traditional summer break. One must have a minimum of two years of college completed (or equivalent) by summer 2015 in order to apply.Download application form
How to Apply
Applying is as easy as filling any online form. We will be requiring your study certificates prior to enroll you in the program also a consent of parents is required as mandatory.
These internships are offered during the school year, coinciding with the fall semester. One must have a minimum of two years of college completed (or equivalent) by fall 2015 in order to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to use boxed layout?
Vestige template offers boxed layout to users, this can be done in two ways. one is to add the css on all html page templates or making a single change in style.css which will affect all pages at once:
Making changes to all html page templates: By this method just open html templates in any text editor of your choice and put class "boxed" to body tag of all pages.
Making changes to style.css to affect all pages at once: By this method just open style.css file in any text editor of your choice and remove all instances of .boxed from in front of body on line 1275, 1278, 1350 and that's it!
How to use pattrens background for boxed version?
Vestige template comes with 30 patterns images that are inside images folder of the template package. You can use al of the pattern as your pages body background while using boxed version.
Using Twitter Feed Widget?
To enable the twitter widget you need to get some info from your twitter account and put it in the config.php file in nativechurch-theme > api folder as described there. Here are the steps to get the details needed for this:
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new and log in, if necessary
- Supply the necessary required fields, accept the TOS, and solve the CAPTCHA.
- Submit the form
- Copy the consumer key (API key) and consumer secret from the screen into your application
- Ensure that your application is configured correctly with the permission level you need (read-only, read-write, read-write-with-direct messages).
- On the application's detail page, invoke the "Your access token" feature to automatically negotiate the access token at the permission level you need.
- Copy the indicated access token and access token secret from the screen into your application
How to change image placeholders to real images?
You can easily replace these holders with your real images by just putting the same size image that you find in the link text of the placeholder "http://placehold.it/50x50&text=IMAGE+PLACEHOLDER" in the images folder. This example shows that this image will have to be 50px in width and 50px in height to look perfect on the website. So the real image url will be "images/YOUR IMAGE NAME.jpg/gif/png